* Government offices and shops are usually open Monday to Friday from 09:30 to 17:30. Some of them may be open on Saturday for half day, but all are closed on Sunday.
* Generally, corporate offices operate five-days a week, with Saturdays and Sundays off from 09:30 – 18:00 hrs.
* Post offices are open on weekdays, Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 17:00, and on Saturday for half day that is from 10:00 until about 12:00. The main post offices may have longer hours.
* Banks are open on weekdays, Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 14:00 for public dealings, and on Saturday, 10:00 to 12:30.
* Restaurants and bars have varied closing hours depending on the legally enforced timings in different states. Though in most parts of India, they are usually open until 23:00, while nightclubs and discos close by midnight. The food establishments that are legally open 24 hours a day are coffee shops in five-star hotels.
* Shops do not have any standard timing but mostly close by 20:00 and in many states the shops are closed on Sundays, while in Delhi, many shops close on a weekday as they remain open on Sundays. Before setting out for shopping, do remember to check the closing days. In major metros, you may find malls and department stores open all seven days until 20:00 hours