* You are advised not to drink water from tap or roadside vendors. You should only drink boiled or bottled water. It is also better to buy bottled water from respectable and decent looking outlets.
* Avoid eating fressh cut fruits from roadside vendors. Only eat fruits that you can peel.
* It is suggested to keep a mosquito repellent ointment with you.
* It is advisable to carry basic emergency medicines that you might need, especially medicines for upset stomach, vomiting, fever, etc.
* Avoid fountain drinks and ice cubes from unreliable sources.
* Avoid eating food from the roadside vendors. If, by chance, you are tempted to eat there, you should ensure that the food is well cooked and is served hot.
* Most of Indian dishes are spicy. Ask hotel or restaurant to using less or no spices for you. This is very important especially in the initial days of your travel.
* If you are visiting India during summer period, drink lots of safe water. Cover your head with scarve or cas or hat and wear sunglasses and always use sunscreen lotion. It is better to stay indoors in the afternoon .
* If you fall sick, it is better to consult a doctor, You may ask your hotel or local persons whom you know.