A Complete Guide – How to Reach Kumbh Mela 2019 in Prayagraj
Kumbh Mela is a Hindu festival, the highlight of which is millions of people taking dip in the holy rivers to purify themselves from all sins and misdeeds.
The Kumbh Melas are engraved on UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity and has the distinction of being featured as one the largest peaceful congregation of people at one single place for one sole event.
The next one scheduled is The Kumbh Mela in Prayagraj that will begin on 15th January 2019 and go up till 4th March 2019.
Ways to Reach Prayagraj (Allahabad) For The Mela From Major Cities Across India
The Kumbh Melas have witnessed increasing number of participation over the years. In 1903, about 4 lakh people visited the fair. In 2001, about 40 million people visited the Prayag Kumbh Mela on a single day – the largest attendance recorded so far.
For the upcoming Ardh Kumbh Mela in 2019, the authorities have spent almost 42000 million rupees where an exclusive city has been made covering a total area of 2500 hectares setup with modern amenities like temporary toilets and accommodation in luxury camp arrangements, special trains by the Indian Railways etc. An App has been launched for travelers and the entire area is covered by video surveillance. Special arrangements are being made by the Government to handle such a huge movement of people towards Allahabad.
Allahabad can be conveniently reached by train or flight from short or long distance location. For people living in Uttar Pradesh or nearby states, the option of taking government buses and private taxis is also there.
- According to the Allahabad Kumbh Mela Travel Information, Allahabad is a key station on the Indian Railway network as it is the headquarters of the North Central Railway Zone and is well-connected from all other major stations across the country.
- There are about 10 stations in close proximity to Allahabad that can be booked by travelers – Allahabad (ALY), Prayag (PRG), Bamhrauli (BMU), Chheioki (COI), Allahabad Junction (ALD), Phaphamau Junction (PFM), Subedarganj (SFG), Prayag Ghat (PYG), Daraganj (DRGJ) and Naini (NYN).
- The Indian Railways is introducing 800 special trains to carry devotees and holy men, to and fro from the city during the Ardh Mela in 2019.
- Train bookings can be done from the IRTC website of the Indian Railways online. For special trains the RAILKUMBH SEVA 2019 App, especially created by Indian Railways to facilitate navigation, travel and booking for travellers can be downloaded and used. It also provides information and details about different on-call services, helpline numbers, emergency contact numbers, Maps and hotels around.
- Major trains between New Delhi and Allahabad are – Kolkata Rajdhani (12302); Dibrugarh Rajdhani (12424); Patna Rajdhani (12310), New Delhi Allahabad Duronto (12276).
- Major trains between Mumbai and Allahabad are – Pawan Express (11061); Godaan Express (11055).
- The four major airports in and around Allahabad are – the Allahabad airport or the Bamrauli Air Force Base; Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport at Varanasi at a distance of 125 km, the Amausi International Airport at Lucknow at 200 km and Kanpur domestic airport at a distance of 200 km.
- All these four airports are well-connected by major airlines like Air India, Jet Airways, Indigo Airlines, Zoom Air, Turbo Aviation and Spice Jet from other major cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Bangalore and Kolkata.
- By road ( By Bus and Taxi)
- A number of national highways and state highways connect Allahabad with the rest of the country.
- NH 2 passes through Allahabad. The other highways that can be used by road travelers to reach the city are – NH 96, NH 28, NH 27, NH 7 and NH 76.
- Allahabad has three government bus stands served with interstate buses from neighboring states.
- Tickets for buses can be booked online from the Website of Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Other than this, there are a number of special groups that are organised by private aggregation services and websites that can be booked by people in advance.
- For people planning to undertake road journey by private taxis, self driven cars or even buses, especially from within Uttar Pradesh or states nearby can refer the distance chart to plan their journey accordingly. The distance between Allahabad and few major cities in the state and nearby cities are as below:-
a. From Varanasi 112 km
b. From Ayodhya 156 km
c. From Agra 191 km
d. From Lucknow 183 km
e. From New Delhi 582 km
f. From Haridwar 621 km
g. From Jaipur 628 km
h. From Kolkata 732 km
State Express is one of the best travel agent in India offers the affordable Kumbh Mela tour packages and also offers some special package with accommodation in luxury camp for upcoming Kumbh Mela 2019. Contact here to confirm and customize your Kumbh Mela package according to your requirement.