A Complete Guide about Kumbh Mela Haridwar – 2021
Hindus throughout the world celebrate almost all the festivals with full fervor and boom. These festivals’ celebrations fulfill different purposes; some pacify the soul, some allow to meet with loved ones, some are full of fun, and some offer an abundance of spirituality. One such spiritual event that is the most celebrated in India is Kumbh Mela.
Kumbh Mela occurs at four distinct locations, Haridwar, Allahabad (PrayagRaj), Ujjain, and Nashik. The speciality of the Kumbh Mela is that this fair is held every 12 years (While an Ardh Kumbh mela is held after about 6 years at the same site). Various pilgrims opt for Kumbh Mela tour packages in order to attain salvation by getting rid of all the associated sins. Kumbh Mela is much more than what’s been explained.
Let’s discuss it all about Haridwar Kumbh Mela tour packages 2021, as well as, the Kumbh Mela accommodation:–
1. About Kumbh Mela Haridwar – 2021
The upcoming Kumbh Mela 2021 will be held in Haridwar. When Haridwar is the destination, the interest and excitement of the pilgrims amplify naturally. It indicates that in the year 2021, the devotees will be achieving salvation by getting a dive into the holy river Ganges. After the twelve years’ rotation, finally, Kumbh will be striking Haridwar again. The other holy destinations where Kumbh Mela is held are Ujjain, Allahabad, and Nashik.
a. Main Rituals at Kumbh Mela
Kumbh Mela associates spiritual bathing being performed in the holy waters of the place where the fair is held; the sacred water of Ganges. If a pilgrim takes a dip in the waters on the day of New Moon, then the pilgrim, as well as his/her ancestors, achieve salvation and get free of their sins. At the time when these Snans are being performed, various Naga Sadhus lead the crowd in distinct groups followed by dancing, as well as, divine chanting.
On the specific dates, where ritualistic baths happen, people begin to get aligned for the same from 3 AM. And, once the ritual is done, all the devotees, and Sadhus wear new & fresh clothes to embrace divinity.
b. Important Dates for Haridwar Kumbh 2021
All the dates associated with Kumbh Mela Haridwar are defined by taking reference of the Vikram Samvat Calendar. On the defined bathing dates, pilgrims throughout the world get a dive into the holy waters.
The bathing dates associated with Kumbh Mela 2021 announced are:-
- The first Shahi Snan, i.e., Makar Sankranti: January 14, 2021
- The second Shahi Snan, i.e., Mauni Amavasya: February 11, 2021
- The third Shahi Snan, i.e., Basant Panchami: February 16, 2021
- Snan on Magh Poornima: February 27, 2021
- Snan on Maha Shivratri: March 11, 2021
- Snan on Phalguna Purnima: March 28, 2021
- Snan on Somvati Amavasya: April 12, 2021
- Snan on MeshaSakranti: April 14, 2021
- Snan on Ram Navami: April 21, 2021
- Snan on Chaitra Purnima: April 27, 2021
- Snan on Vaishakha Purnima: May 26, 2021
Also, the devotees must keep track of the Kumbh Mela accommodation according to the bathing dates, as the Kumbh is synonymous with something that remains crowded almost all the time.
C. Other Activities during Haridwar Kumbh Mela 2021
Have a meeting with Naga Sadhus
As soon as you hear about Kumbh, you think of Naga Sadhus or Naga Babas. Naga Sadhus have become an immovable symbol associated with Kumbh. This big congregation of Kumbh comprises Naga Sadhus all over. They attract everyone’s attention due to their unusual looks without clothes, having spiritual powder on their body, and wearing unordinary jewels and Malas. While being a part of Kumbh Mela, you can interact with Naga Sadhus, and understand the purpose for which they perform a never-ending ‘Sadhna,’ and the reason due to which they give up everything so easily.
Be a part of Kirtans and Kathas
Being a hub of storytellers, and spiritual devotees, Kumbh incorporates countless Kirtans and Kathas happening at distinct places by different Sadhus. By attending these spiritual sessions, you can listen to Indian scriptures’ stories, devotional songs, relaxing music, as well as, unavoidable life lessons. Also, you’ll get to know about the epics like Mahabharata, Ramayana, and Bhagwat Puran, etc.
Enjoy eating at a Bhandara
Bhandara comprises a feast, i.e., organized by different sponsors participating in Kumbh Mela. These Bhandaras remain open to all, and you can enjoy the food there for free. Most of the devotees at the fair be a part of Bhandara by considering the food as Prasad, i.e., holy. And, accept the Bhandara food as an offering from God itself.
2. Accommodation at Haridwar Kumbh Mela 2021
Kumbh Mela accommodation will be decided on the basis of the location where the fair will be held. It will be somewhere near HarkiPauri. To see the options for yourself, you can see the hotels situated near HarkiPauri. Due to the popularity of Haridwar among tourists and travelers, there’s no shortage of accommodating spots.
But it would be more sensible if you book a sty-spot in advance, and during Kumbh, it gets overcrowded. Also, if you want to inhale all the divine vibes, you can even stay in tents with the Sadhus, and see how life goes for them.
Let’s look at some of the options where you can accommodate yourself while visiting Kumbh:-
a. Luxury Camp Accommodation
Even with the crowded aura of Kumbh, you can get accommodated in luxury stay-spots, which are luxury camps. While staying in the luxury camps, you’ll be getting hygienic food, as well as all the required amenities to make your trip comfortable enough. These luxury tents are being situated near the Kumbh Mela, so that you may comfortably access the fair whenever you want.
b. Luxury Hotels
While taking another option into consideration, you can think of staying in hotels nearby. You can explore directly, or can check online whether there are suitable hotels nearby or not. You can easily get a comfortable hotel near the Mela, and get all the facilities you need in routine.
3. Nearby Sightseeing Places
Haridwar is the place, i.e., a gateway to divinity. And, while witnessing Kumbh Mela there, you shouldn’t miss out on the nearby sites in Haridwar to amplify the divine vibes.
a. Harki Pauri
The ones who have never been to Haridwar, also know what’s Harki Pauri. It’s a Ghat that’s situated on the Ganga’s banks and proposes the divine Ganga Arti every day. In the evening time, when the Arti is performed, countless illuminated Diyas are being sailed in the water while wishing something that needs to be fulfilled. A temple along with HarkiPauri, divine chanting, and noisy yet tranquil aura makes the atmosphere magical.
b. Mansa Devi
Mansa Devi, as the name suggests, is the temple devoted to the Goddess Mansa, who remains responsible for fulfilling wishes asked by her devotees. Also, many pilgrims come to this temple to tie a sacred thread around the tree located within the temple itself. Along with its spiritual importance, this place also offers an exquisite view of the whole of Haridwar.
c. Chandi Devi Temple
This temple is dedicated to the Goddess Chandi, who has been one of the forms attained by the Goddess Durga. It is an ancient temple, i.e., located at the top of the hill, and can be reached only through a cable car, or what we call UdanKhatola. Countless pilgrims go to this temple, thinking for their wishes to be fulfilled. If you don’t want to prefer the ropeway route, then you can even trek to the temple, which takes a time of 45 minutes.
Some other places that you can visit in Haridwar are : Chilla Wildlife Sanctuary, and Bharat Mata Mandir, etc.
If you’re taking a spiritual vacation for long days, and want to explore some more corners of India at the same time, then here is a list of the nearby places to Haridwar that you can visit during your Kumbh Mela trip:-
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Dhanualti, Uttarakhand
- Lansdowne, Uttarakhand
- Kalsi, Uttarakhand
- Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh
- Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand
- Jageshwar, Uttarakhand
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
- Kausani, Uttarakhand
- Pauri, Uttarakhand
- Chandigarh, Chandigarh
- Patiala, Punjab
4. Kumbh Mela Haridwar 2021 Tour Packages
- Haridwar Kumbh Mela Special Tour – (03 NIGHTS – 04 DAYS)
- Kumbh Mela & Golden Temple Tour – (05 NIGHTS – 06 DAYS)
- Kumbh Mela Spiritual India Tour – (07 NIGHTS – 08 DAYS)
- Kumbh Mela Best of India Tour – (10 NIGHTS – 11 DAYS)
- Kumbh Mela Golden Triangle Tour – (09 NIGHTS – 10 DAYS)
- Kumbh Mela North India Tour – (9 NIGHTS – 10 DAYS)
5. How to Reach Haridwar Kumbh Mela 2021
Haridwar is a superbly connected place to almost all the cities in terms of transportation. Be it trains, buses, or cabs; one can reach directly to Haridwar through any of the mediums:-
- By Car : To reach Haridwar by cab, you can book a cab from Delhi, as the best connectivity to Haridwaris seen through Delhi. Also, if you live far away from Delhi in India, then you can ask any local cab driver in your city to leave you to Delhi. Also, you can use various online car booking services.
- By Train : Haridwar is a place that avails significant connectivity when the railway route is taken into consideration. You can book your train tickets from Delhi, or any other state/states where you live, and reach Haridwar directly via train.
- By Flight : If you don’t own enough time to dedicate to traveling, then you can opt for a flight to reach Haridwar. Haridwar doesn’t have its own airport, but the nearest airport is in Dehradun, i.e., Jolly grant Airport (45Km from Haridwar). You can book a flight from any origin city that seems comfortable to you to reach Haridwar. You can even opt for a connecting flight if you can’t find a direct flight.
- By Bus : Just like the cabs, you can book buses from anywhere to Haridwar. Though buses are slightly limited in comparison to cabs, still the best option is Delhi if you want to go to Haridwar by bus. From Delhi, you can get various sorts of options, such as roadways buses, luxury buses, deluxe buses, or semi-deluxe buses.
Kumbh Mela 2021: Haridwar Travel Information
You can select a transportation option according to your budget. If you’re a luxury seeker, then you can opt for first-class AC train tickets, flight tickets, luxury car, or luxury buses’ tickets. On the contrary, if you’re a traveler, and want to spend as your pocket allows, then you can opt for ordinary buses, or normal train tickets (sleeper/3rd AC.)
Some Important Links for Kumbh Mela Haridwar 2021 :-
- Kumbh Mela Haridwar 2021
- Haridwar Kumbh Mela tour packages 2021
- Kumbh Mela Bathing Dates 2021
- Kumbh Mela accommodation 2021
- Haridwar Travel Information 2021
[…] A Complete Guide about Kumbh Mela Haridwar – 2021 […]